GMC ¾ Ton Pickup Truck
What makes a vehicle special?
Does it share your birth year? Was it the vehicle that was driven by the carpenter who built your family home? Maybe you drove it to high school, homecoming, or hauled firewood in it? Did you get your first ticket while behind its steering wheel? How about when you went camping and it pulled your boat? Or was it your father’s dream to see this restoration?
This 1964 GMC ¾ ton pickup truck is all of the above and so much more. Now residing in Hawaii the 127” wheelbase was taken from original unrestored condition to show truck quality. The family heirloom from a third generation owner had been sitting for over 20 years. The motor was rebuilt, the frame powder-coated, and the suspension upgraded. The custom wood bed has been crafted from the 100+ year old family barn. The vehicle was completely stripped down to start the restoration process.
Body & Paint:
- All parts were removed from the vehicle and stripped down to bare metal or replaced as needed.
- Body work was completed by straightening and replacing all metal body panels to match proper body lines.
- All bottom components were soundproofed with bedliner material.
- Paint was applied to all body panels while removed from the vehicle.
- Fresh paint was sanded and buffed as needed to create the final finish.
- Exterior Paint: Chaste White (Code: PT) / Base Coat – Clear Coat
- 100% of the interior was replaced with new factory interior.
- Custom Bluetooth radio was installed.
- Classic Instruments built new gauges to match the original OEM look with a custom red finish.
- Truck bed was custom built incorporating wood from a 100+ year old family barn in Moberly, Missouri.
- Custom seat cover made with authentic Samoan fabric.
- All glass was removed from the vehicle for restoration.
- All glass was replaced with new glass.
- All chrome was removed from the vehicle.
- Pieces that needed replaced, were replaced with new trim moldings.
- All remaining pieces re-chromed or polished.
- Rebuilt factory 6-cylinder motor complete.
- 100% of the motor was rebuilt or replaced as needed.
- Rebuilt factory 2-speed transmission.
Wheels & Tires:
- New tires and steel wheels installed.
- 4x new 670/15 Firestone Tires with 2 11/16” Whitewalls.
- Extra set of 4x new P215/70R16 American Classic Tires with 2” Whitewalls (for highway driving).
- Each set of tires is mounted on new steel wheels with beauty rings.
Additional Vehicle Notes:
- Frame off restoration.
- Powder coating of the frame and suspension components.
- Non air-conditioned vehicle.
- 9” Ford rear end with 3.00 Gears.
- Converted over to 10” front disc brakes with custom rack and pinion steering.
- Custom exhaust.
- All new wiring.
- LED lighting.
- New fuel lines and brake lines.